Overachiever Magazine is entirely contributor powered: all of our articles are written by a different set of Asian women each issue. We are always looking for new writers and fresh perspectives, whether you are a published author or first time writer, we want you to write for us.
If you are interested, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line NEW WRITER: *your idea here*. If you’d like to write for us, but don’t know what to write about, send an email with the subject line NEW WRITER: Undecided.
We will respond to your email, always, within 24 hours. Submission does not guarantee publication.
Once your pitch has been accepted, the publication process is as followed:
- You submit an initial draft, with a title and header image (the latter of which is optional)
- The editor-in-chief ensures it meets our editorial standards
- The editor-in-chief finds a header image (If you have an image you’d like to use, specify this after submitting your initial draft.)
- If you have not submitted a title with your initial draft, one will be chosen by the editor-in-chief.
- Shortly after submitting your initial draft, you’ll be asked to fill out a form with a photo of you, a brief biography, and some basic personal information. If you are not comfortable with any of this, please state this immediately after receiving the form.
- Once the piece is published, it will be credited entirely to you.
Our staff is on hand to assist you every step of the way. We hope you’ll consider writing for Overachiever Magazine!